We have a new look!
I've been working for a few weeks to republish Memphis Web Programming with a new look and feel. Here are some of the changes:
- Quicker response
- New look
- Cleaner interface
- Mobile friendly
After battling with data corruption and trying to get some Drupal modules to play nice, I decided to revamp the whole site. The organic group’s module is what prompted me to just dismantle and rebuild. The update from 7.1 to 7.2 was a monster to deal with. There was no clean upgrade and after successfully upgrading, more of a strong arm upgrade, I was left with too many issues. Kudos to the developer and maintainers but that version change was a fiasco to say the least. Nonetheless, I stayed with OG on the rebuild and hope that future upgrades are not so difficult to transition to.
Additionally, there were a few other issues that needed squashed including some MySQL data problems that came up as a result of some other modules not cleaning up after their self. This wouldn't have been too bad except there were deep hooks that prevented using simple data manipulation as a fix. Also, the general structure needed tuned to allow for quicker loading times and better Meta tag conformity.
I decided to go with Zen as my base CSS and used a sub module, Neptune, to get me started. After some CSS tweaking and general node structure changes I ended up with a clean , quick interface that took to my existing content and programs with ease.
Over the next few weeks I will be adding more features and, of course, content to what I already have in place. Obviously, I'll need to do some tweaking as the new site structure starts getting hit with traffic and I notice any issues.
by Jim Atkins 'thedosmann'