(USA-TN-Memphis) Director, Digital Strategy and Creative Services
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children's mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director of Digital Strategy and Creative Services builds and maintains a positive reputation for Youth Villages through digital channels by successfully planning and implementing system-wide digital communications strategies that manifest through all digital outlets (web, mobile, email, SEO/SEM, paid search and social media); are measured through digital/social analytics; and that foot to the overall goals of the Marketing and Communications department and Youth Villages. The director will also serve as the steward of the creative services team to ensure brand consistency and fidelity to brand standards across all communication channels. The successful candidate will be experienced in leading, motivating and coaching teams; is a natural collaborator; and is able to manage multiple work-streams and projects.
**Duties & Responsibilities** include the following as well as other duties may be assigned:
* Possess and maintain an expert knowledge of digital technology, design, media, reporting/tracking and trends
* Expert knowledge Google analytics, web metrics, and campaign reporting, using in-depth knowledge of SEO and Adwords programs. Develop quarterly reports to be presented to Senior Management.
* Provide company-wide thought leadership for all digital communications and interfaces, and offer expert advice on how digital strategies can be used to maximize national and state objectives
* Oversee and lead management of all websites, social media sites and any third party sites (that house youth villages content) under Youth Villages’ control – youthvillages.org, janiesfund.org, YouTube, adoption profiles et al.
* As a part of the overarching marketing communication plan, develop a cohesive annual strategy that blends digital/marcom while working with CMO, Director of Marketing and Communications, and other departments to ensure support to the organizational business priorities.
* Manage, coach and lead digital and creative services teams to help achieve organization goals, while advocating for best-in-class customer service and end-product.
* Oversee creative production for all printed and digital elements including flyers, invites, newsletters, annual report, online donation pages, website landing pages, etc. to achieve financial efficiencies and effective project management.
* Planning, development and execution of national and local digital programs and campaigns, including online advertising, website strategy and design, social media, mobile, and appropriate deliverables
* Oversee management of digital asset management system that houses all photos and videos
* Lead all contract negotiations and SOWs for digital services, printing and other software related to task management, social tracking or SEM. Assess annually for optimal results.
* Serve as Marketing Communications liaison on key intercompany task forces relevant to technology and/or digital initiatives
* Assist in managing aspects of the annual employee conference related to digital and technology needs (such as conference app, creative, video, photography, etc.)
* Oversee CRM strategy in Salesforce, which includes donor, advocates, key constituents, etc. Develop cadence on electronic and print communications; collaborate with key teams to develop plan.
* Lead third-party digital agency on social media ad buys, SEO, paid search, and re-marketing ads
* Ensure all internal and external communications and touch points support the Youth Villages brand standards and guidelines and update standards and guidelines as needed
* Working knowledge of digital fundraising platforms (i.e. classy.org)
* Provide monthly reporting to senior leadership on digital mediums
* Implement tracking and measurement programs to assess the effectiveness of both paid and earned digital communications. Deliver regular reports with results and any optimizations recommendations.
* Manage annual digital budget
The ideal candidate will have:
* Hands-on understanding of content marketing/integrated marketing principles * Intuitive, proactive, resourceful and creative * Follows and identifies relevant news and industry trends * Excellent interpersonal communication skills; able to interact successfully and build relationships with people of all levels inside and outside of the organization. * Detail oriented, organized and collaborative * Occasional travel required
Areas of Expertise
* Search Engine Optimization/Marketing * Google Analytics * Wordpress * Web development/design (not production) * SalesForce * PPC
Ideal experience/working knowledge
* Graphic design * Adobe suite
* A Bachelor's degree is required – preferred emphasis in related field to technology or digital strategy * Minimum six years of digital marketing experience and leadership experience managing and developing team and/or external agencies. * Must have proven track record of leading and developing team, managing people and subscribe to work/life/balance. * Should consider themselves a team player, outgoing, positive attitude and possessing a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Affordable access to medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance plans
Paid Parental Leave
Retirement savings pension plan, a 403(b) and FSA 2 weeks of paid time off for vacation
10 paid holidays
12 sick days annually
Supportive leadership and coworkers
Mileage and cell phone reimbursement (if applicable)
*Requisition ID:* 2019-4351
*Job Locations:* TN-Memphis
*Relocation Assistance:* No
*Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular