Memphis Web Programming

Thedosmann's Blog

Confirming that which was expected

In the scientific world confirming, through observation and testing, a hypothesis is a monumental accomplishment worthy of high accolades. Nevermind the fact that it may have already been supposed and generally accepted in some scientific model years before its discovery. To be fair, many hypothesizes could not be confirmed because technology was not advanced enough to allow observation or proper testing.

programming theory

Facebook and Bad Ads

Just to show how easy it is to deceive in the computer ad market I took this ad that showed up on Facebook feeds and dissected it a little bit. The sad truth is that deceitful ads like this generate millions in revenue.

We need more programming languages

As if we didn't have enough programming languages, we hear about new ones daily. Grouping code languages into object-oriented, imperative, functional, and declarative, may help in

code

Understanding The Semantic In Semantic Web

In a previous article I described how, in order to have a true Semantic Web, we would need to have a user action to direct the program. I would like to examine some of the motivations for this point of view.

Practical Example

Is online banking safe?

Just the facts

Online banking continues to be an increasing method of choice for conducting business, purchasing, and paying bills. According to a recent Pew report, fifty-one percent of U.S. adults, or 61% of internet users, bank online. Thirty-two percent of U.S. adults, or 35% of cell phone owners, bank using their mobile phones. The graph below shows  the gradual increase since the year 2000.

Online and mobile banking

The only thing to fear is fear itself

Claudo-Clamã

Linear Encryption Program

claudo-clam

Do you carry passwords or sensitive information around on a portable device?

Created by Memphis Web Programming
Claudo-Clam© Linear Encryption Program is a password file protection method that ensures your password file is protected.
Click here to take a look.

Memphis Business Journal

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 14:58
Michelle Corbet
Memphis Animal Services is working with a national nonprofit targeted toward ‘zero’ euthanasias of all adoptable shelter animals by 2025. National nonprofit Target Zero has selected Memphis Animal Services to participate in its Fellow City program. Target Zero defines a location as being at "zero" if it demonstrates the ability to save 90 percent or more of cats and dogs that enter its shelters. The other 10 percent or less are accounted for by animals that, regardless of medical treatment,…

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 14:08
Chris Wetterich
PHILADELPHIA – Janet Carson is unabashed and unashamed about why she backs Hillary Clinton for president. “First off, I’m a woman. I know I’m not supposed to say that,” said Carson, who owns an independent insurance agency. “I identify with her, and she identifies with me.” Carson started Solon, Ohio-based Insurance Diversified in 1971 out of a bedroom in her house. She and her husband, Terry, have seen the business expand to $5 million in gross revenues and have 10 full-time employees.…

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 13:08
Meagan Nichols
Nashville-based Pinnacle Financial Partners (Nasdaq: PNFP) is getting a new Memphis headquarters. Earlier, it was revealed via a $20 million building permit that Boyle Investment Co. would construct a new, 155,000-square-foot office building at 949 S. Shady Grove Road, and now its first tenant — Pinnacle — has been announced. “As we continue to hire the best bankers and grow our operations in Memphis, we need more space to serve clients and the community,” said Kirk P. Bailey, chairman…

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 11:38
Michelle Corbet
The average cost to fly out of Memphis International Airport continues to fall. The latest Department of Transportation data for first quarter 2016, released Tuesday, July, 26, shows an average roundtrip at Memphis International is $398.98. The report demonstrates the 14th consecutive quarter of year-over-year declining airline ticket prices at Memphis International Airport (MEM). Average airfare has fallen $44.06 from the same quarter last year, when average airfare was $443.04 in the first quarter…

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 10:25
Meagan Nichols
Jackson, Mississippi-based Trustmark Corp. (NASDAQ: TRMK) reported a steady second quarter for fiscal 2016. Net income for the quarter totaled $21.5 million for a diluted earnings per share of $0.32. Minus a one-time charge for a voluntary early retirement program, net income totaled $27.2 million. “Trustmark achieved another quarter of solid financial results,” said Gerard Host, CEO of Trustmark, in a release. “We continued to maintain and expand customer relationships by growing loans across…

WMCTV5 - Local News