Virtual Code Circuit Represented By Dams and Water Flow
Memphis Web Programming - This is in conjunction with Part 3 of how a computer works.
Dam 2 Configurations
Dam 3 Configurations
Dam 4 Configurations
Dam 5 Configurations
Dam 6 Configurations
This is an example water flow circuit used to illustrate how a computer circuit can be configured using the natural flow of electrons using water as an example. It is used in part 3 of a 4 part series of "How A Computer Works". Each Dam can be configured to release water flow at certain pressures and directions. This circuit is primarily used to create the numbers 0-9 by configuring each Dam. It can be used to create other characters so feel free to explore.
For the numbers 0-9 the following configurations are required:
- 1 - Dam 4 set at d4normalrightstop
- 2 - Dam 2 set at d2fullrightstop, Dam 3 set at d3fullupstop, Dam 6 set at d6fullupstop
- 3 - Dam 2 set at d2fullrightstop, Dam 4 set at d4fullupstop, Dam 6 set at d6fullupstop
- 4 - Dam 4 set at d4normalrightstop, Dam 3 set at d3fulldownstop
- 5 - Dam 1 set at d1fullleftstop, Dam 4 set at d4fullupstop, Dam 5 set at d5fullupstop
- 6 - Dam 3 set at d3fullleftstop, Dam 6 set at d6fullrightstop
- 7 - Dam 2 set at d2fullrightstop, Dam 4 set at d4normalupstop
- 8 - Dam 1 set at d1fullleftstop, Dam 4 set at d4fullrightstop, Dam 5 set at d5fullleftstop
- 9 - Dam 2 set at d2fullrightstop, Dam 4 set at d4normalupstop, Dam 3 set at d3fulldownupstop
- 0 - Dam 5 set at d5fullleftstop, Dam 1 set at d1fullleftstop, Dam 4 set at d4normalrightstop
Each Dam configuration is a part of the overall circuit to create the number. You can create the same output using various other input confugurations.
There are six Dams and each is capable of stopping or allowing water flow. In the middle of the grid you will notice a slightly differant color. This is a resistance to water flow and will not allow water to pass through at normal pressure. All Dams will allow water in but will only pass water through if the valves are open. The Dam images used will correspond to flow and pressure of the configuration. Each Dam configuration is a pre-configured circut. The Dam images with blue showing in the middle indicate high pressure flow. This circuit is technically correct and can be used to demonstrate how Dams and water flow can duplicate the current flow of electrons. Other circuit configurations can be factored in order to have the circuit create even more shapes. The input of the configurations determine the final output.
I'm using an html table to do the illustrations for compatibility and each cell is filled according to the Dam circuit that is chosen. Obviously, I coud create other Dam circuits that would create any character or shape. There are other html elements that could be used, including the new canvas element, that would do the same thing. Using an html table allows me to do the illustration and be compatable across Browsers. It is also technically correct as each cell flows into the other.
All rights reserved Memphis Web Programming